Thread: Back to Ducati
View Single Post
Old 07-Jul-2004, 11:13

Back to Ducati

Hi, I'm a newbie on this site as I've just returned to Ducati after a couple of Aprilia RSVRs, including the latest Factory. My last Ducati was a 916SPS and I've just got a 999S with the Termi silencer & ECU upgrade. In the Aprilia world there are similar message boards and they highlight the basic mods that you have to make to sort out the 'features' created by the manufacturers - like quiet exhaust, ridiculously high gearing and mid-range flatspot. I've been reading through this message board and I think I've found out the same kind of information for the 999 - thanks posters - so I'm looking at the following and would appreciate any feedback from you guys who've been down this path already:

Will the Termi/ECU sort out the mid-range or will I need a Power Commander?

I'm looking at lowering the gearing - what's the optimum C&S configuration on a 999S?

Following on from the other threads, it really needs a QA throttle and I'd like to get the Corse kit fitted but I don't know where I can find a reliable dealer/workshop near W London to supply and fit it?

Sorry if this is all a bit long-winded but I've got that new toy fettling fever - help!