View Single Post
Old 06-Jun-2014, 07:59
Montjuic

Morning new from MK

Morning let me introduce myself I live in Milton Keynes and have been riding bikes for a good 30+ years (dam is it that long? I must be getting old!).
I have always wanted a 916 but never had the spare cash or the opportunity at the same time.
Recently both came together at the same time J

And I became the proud owner of a 1998 Bog standard Biposto 916 with less than 10k on the clock and full service history for £2850.
That was the good part.
The bad part is that it hadn’t been on the road for a good few years and had sat outside with road salt on it at some point.
The frame was rusty, wheels furry, paint coming off the engine all over the place.
Hub nut need a scaffolding bar and a sledge hammer!
The callipers needed the bolts drilling out and the swinging arm pinch bolts needed cutting with an angle grinder!!

So stripped to the frame and painted wheels, frame etc etc.
Re-plated All the nuts bolts brackets.
New battery, pads, plugs belts, filters, oil, fluids, fork seals, chain sprockets.
Changed the seat for a Mono and the exhausts for carbon.

And about six weeks later she is running sweet and looking gorgeous.
May need to do the rear head gasket in the winter, but that’s another post.

All is good in the world and I just need to learn how to ride a V twin again, Have had and RSV Milli and a TL1000 so not a total novice.

But she is just a thing of beauty and I just find myself looking at her when I pull up and thinking “yep that’s mine”.

Greg