View Single Post
Old 23-Jun-2005, 11:39
Mille

Mood: Black Magic 999!
Righto, I will try and answer the questions above:

1. "The mesh bit" - this is there to look good and to tidy up the cable runners etc to the back light / indicators and generally to enhance the appearance (and I think it does a good job)

2. "The cat's" - apparently Ducati officially say you need a link pipe to remove the cat in the front pipe and a new ECU to remap / refuel. Hence this is the kit that is sold together when you buy the basic Termi system. However, the guys found that the cat in the front pipes is only a very small resiriction (the one i n the OEM backbox is much bigger). The Termi backbox has one side more restricted than the other to counter balance having no cat, so after much gas flow testing etc the one I have was designed to have a slight difference in the two rear appatures to balance in the same way. Doing it like this keeps the cost down (no need for a link pipe) and doesn't require remapping either.

As I said, much testing has gone into this pipe and I think its far better made than the Termi's that I looked at.

Hope this answers your questions?