View Single Post
Old 05-Jul-2011, 12:25
500SD
Bikes: CBR 600F2-(Ishikawa), Blade RRS-(Baba San), 996s-(Tambo), 996R-(Tambo), MV f1000 312-Tambo

Mood: I like my bike
Cleaning paper towels

Collected the bike from dealer after having some work done.
Rode it, no probem. Filled it with petrol, about 100 yards down the road it started to cough, splutter, and the engine seemed to be running on one cylinder only. Looked in the tank, nothing.
Got home. emptied the tank thinking it might be the fuel, swopped the spark plugs. Put some petrol in and noticed 2 large pieces of cleaning paper snagged around bottom of the fuel pump.
The dealer had used them to clean out some moisture from the tank and left them in.
Since then it has not run properly. The dealer variously stating it is te ECU not functioning, the Power Commander and the wiring loom.
The gauze and petrol filter were changed. I back flushed the lines from the conector in the bottom of the air box.
Would that paper be likely to cause fuel starvation?
Would or could that lead to other issues as the ECU is expecting proper fueling but not getting it?
Help would be appreciated. it just seems to coinciental that paper in tank = ike stopping = ongoing issue, the dealer won't fix.