View Single Post
Old 30-Dec-2004, 11:42
Ducati in my Blood

Mood: I love my 996 xxx
yeah I've got one of them.

It's a re-badged Meta 357T. Comes with a four year guarantee of an insurance discount, and if an insurer refuses a discount then the alarm company will replace it with one that does get you a discount.

It's been installed for a year now and I've had no problems with it. I like the feature that lets you disarm it with a sequence of on/off with the ignition key for when you get stuck with a dead key-fob battery, and when it auto-arms itself it only puts it into ferry mode so there's less to messing about at petrol stops. Another feature is it monitors the battery and shuts itself off (leaving bike immobillised) so your bike will start if left for a while.

In hindsight, I'd've probably gone for the Datatool series 3 just because of the price (the Protec was bloody expensive!). But now Datatool are about to release a singing and dancing alarm which I'm told is much better than the series 3... don't know what's better about it tho, and don't know the release date yet, but apparently early '05.

Advice? I guess get the Protec if you don't mind coughing up for it, or wait for the new Datatool.

n