View Single Post
Old 10-Mar-2006, 07:16
WSB Hero

Mood: Lurkin'.....
Quote:
Originally posted by Gbyte666
Quote:
Originally posted by TORTUGA
yes its on one of those optimate units. It starts ok most of time but like I said about three times now it has tried to start and then died. I have repressed the starter and it turns over and then bang. It is fitted with a full 54mm Termi system with a termi ecu so it has the one touch starter unit.

Sorry to jump in on the thread, but I have just got a 749S with Termis and I guess ECU, ( I duno, how do I tell, I can tell on my 996 as I can see where the chip is in the rear end, as the ECU takes up most of the back lol and the fact that I have the standard chip stored safe) Not heard of a one touch starter unit, Can anyone tell me more on this. Sounds like my Mrs car, button ignigton start 1 press and relase. Any advantages ?

Craig
Switch the ignition on and press the starter button once.The bike should continue turning over untill she fires,...no need to hold the button down.
The ECU on 749/999 is under the battery and basically it controls all the functions on the bike.Pressing the starter button sends a signal down to the ECU to start the engine.