View Single Post
Old 13-Apr-2005, 12:56
Mille

Mood: Meditating
Felix - You get what you pay for really, sure there is better kit available but TBH I'm not interested in downloading to PC, recording suspension travel or something that I need to consult the instruction book each time I want to use it or employ a mechanic to fit and set up.

The Translogic is simple to use, offers basic revs, speed, battery voltage, oil pressure and engine temp and combines an easy to use lap timer. I race the bike, if I crash and burn, the unit isonly £300 not £1500 to replace.

In use on the track the Translogic kit works great, big red lamps telling you when to change gear, and it all starts flashing if oil pressure fails or voltage drops below 11v. The lap timer records 100 laps, and it’s easy to replay the laps when you get back into the pits, and easy to reset the timer. Everything I want really.

UPDATE

Whele smashes Snetterton lap record using Translogic……………well that’s what I thought 54.062 seconds. BSB guys are lapping in 1:08.

After drinking the champagne I checked the lap timer against a stopwatch 54 seconds on Translogic = 1:14 on stopwatch. So its back to the factory for it to have the real time clock reprogrammed.

Quality control?????