Thread: Thank You
View Single Post
Old 23-Mar-2014, 22:46
Big Twin
Bikes: Ducati 749, Phil Read Replica, DD 620

Mood: 2011 DD Class 'B' Champion
Thank You

I have to put down a few words regarding this weekends DD races at Brands Hatch. As most will now know, my Big Brother Rod passed away on Feb 28th, he & me were virtually inseparable. He supported me at every meeting traveling with his wife in his own vehicle. Then spannering for me and anyone else that needed one of his huge hands.

He also loved a beer & was well known to be found in a clubhouse sampling their wares. His presence in the DD paddock was appreciated so much, that Trudi, Kev,P & Kev, E deemed it worthy to put a tribute to Rod in the Hottrax Program. Also RIP stickers for each riders bike.

But what really humbled Team Ghost, was the Rod Wilcock glass tankard that I was asked to present to the rider of the DD meeting. This trophy was arranged by the DD race committee.

I was extremely honored to be asked to pick a suitable rider and present the trophy. It was not an easy task, but the well deserved recipient was Phil Daruvala, better known as The Dentist or Phil the Drill. Thank you again DSC for making every member feel that little bit special.

So Yendor has finally left the forum.