View Single Post
Old 09-Jul-2003, 17:47
Montjuic

Mood: Tinckering and Grazing Knuckle
Puckka... let us know how you get on... setting up a single tie with a single underwritter will no doubt be limiting... I suppose it's about setting up relationshipd with numerous preferred suppliers / underwritters and that way you can ensure you get a competative perspective on all the quotes returned....

From my experience when you ask for a quote they just spit back a generic quote which makes sweeping generalisations about you based on the information provided... it's only when you start hassling them to speak with an underwritter directly that you see real results... you can almost guarantee that if you object an 'excess' quote, the underwritter will be able to reduce it some how....

I have found in the past that by not declaring a garage, or immobiliser, then enquire about the discount they would give you 10% for this... 5% for that etc... you'll find that the quote comes back cheaper than if you declared them upfront... (brokers keeping a percentage for themselves????)

anyhow it's all just a system... and systems can be beaten, or at least 'played' so I am sure that we can find some loop holes / techniques to drive down insurance costs....

so who has the answer to life?