View Single Post
Old 08-Feb-2012, 11:59
Big Twin
Bikes: 959

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyDee
I have to say that is truly stunning!

I love the RSV4 fairing and seat...it looks like it rolled out of the factory with them. They follow the lines of the frame and chain, etc beautifully.

How much modifying did they require?
Thank you. There was some cutting at the back of the bellypan for where the exhaust comes out (on mine) around the right footpeg, which is the same with most fairings on these. It also required some cutting around the handlebars (still a little trimming required to make it absolutely perfect)... this may have been resolved by changing the clipons, but I didn't want to upset the balance of the bike, which worked so well for Tim.

To save a lot of swearing and ruined panels, I would seriously recommend going to a professional (Dave Wood Racing are good at this sort of thing - look at the job they did on my Class B bike (my avatar), the ZX10 seat was the talk of the paddock in 2011 and much imitated in 2012). They have all the gear to make any brackets up, and they know little tricks about trimming up the panels you only learn from ruining a few first!

Last edited by skidlids : 12-Mar-2012 at 08:33.