View Single Post
Old 18-Oct-2004, 11:00
Mille

Mood: building the beast
I was exactly the same mate. Glad its not just me. I wanted to get off 5 mins after i picked it up. It felt like a bloody tractor at first. I nearly fell off at the first round about i came to becase it didnt want to turn in then it just fell on its side. The whole bike just didnt feel like it was working properley. The suspension was harsh and the brakes felt crap. The bike was also feeling really unstable whilst braking. I guess it didnt help that it was getting dark and starting to rain during my 250 mile trip home with it but i felt like i was being kicked in both physicaly and mentaly. I was even wondering why i had just paid over 5 grand for something so agricultual and low tech compared to my trusy old R6 which was just over 3 grand and "better" in so many ways!

When i got home i put it in the garage locked it up and went indoors thinking i had made a mistake. The next day was quite nice so i thought i would give her another chance so went out for a blast. I found you have to ride the bike harder before any of it it starts to make sence. After a week or so i decided the front tyre was due for renewal so went and got one fitted. I went from a 60 profile to a 70 and its like a new bike! I've now got much more confidence in the front end now and feel like i can start to push on a bit.

Im sure that its not as quick as my R6 but IMO that was silly fast anyway.I dont need 150mph! to be honest i dont need 130mph (most of the time) I was expecting allot from this bike and now i feel like its starting to deliver the goods. I find one of the best bits is that you have to try to go fast and so i enjoy it more. I feel like i have actually ridden the bike rather then being taken for a ride.

Im starting to be hooked with this bike now and dont think i will ever go back to a jap 600 (maybe as a second bike though) Its in for its 6000 mile service at the moment so from now on its ALL MINE!

Am i happy?.................................

Yeah - VERY

Stick with it mate! It will turn out great

PS sorry for the long post and any spelling mistakes but i am supposed to be working