Thread: Coils and bits?
View Single Post
Old 21-Apr-2004, 11:13
Bevel Head
Bikes: ST2, 750ss, 350 Forza, W650, CB250RS, 5x Royal Enfields

Mood: Nesun Dorma
Are you sure it's the coils? i had a similar problem a while back with my 750, it was always wetting the plugs and would go onto one cylinder for no apparent reason, pop the plugs out dry them brush off the soot and away it would go again, for a bout 50miles (if i was moving a bit) a lot less if i was in traffic. Turned out in the end it was the ignition pick up, had them both replaced and it ran OK, except it was still on the sooty side( everything was supposed to have been sorted, but I found out later that job I paid for was not half done and it cost a wedge of money) I wont put the name on here but if anyone in the West Mids wants to know u2u me I was told by a guy in Italy that the main fault with the pick ups was actually the wire, it is submerged in hot oil and this can effect it causing it to become brittle it then breaks but will stay in contact till everthing gets hot then lets go. his cure was to remove the wire from the pick up and replace it with aircraft quality wire (PTFE coated) that is supposed to do the trick, it stands up to much higher temperatures. well that's my twopennorth, I feel a siesta coming on