View Single Post
Old 04-May-2006, 16:58
Mille
Bikes: 998S and MTS1200S

Mood: Growing old disgracefully, DSC member 2387
More on the Battery saga.
I've decided to up the battery rating on my Ducati 998S May 02 model.

So far I've chosen a PC680 £90 from www.knightbatteries.com Price includes VAT and delivery (UK mainland only)

Voltage 12v Cranking Current 680Amps for 5 seconds Cold Cranking 210Amp estimated Capacity at 20 hour rate 19Ah Reserve capacity 28 minutes Terminals M5 bolt

PC680 Dimensions185mm Long 79mm Wide 170mm High Weight 6.1Kg
Standard Dimensions151mm Long 70mm Wide 130mm High
This is larger than standard, however I think I can make it fit.

Mk1 bracket will be aluminium, once this is correct I’m going to get a carbon fibre version made – cost circa £50
I’ll have it made with a nice carbon cover, so your bike still looks pretty with ½ its clothes off.

Many reasons for this project.
1. A Duke is an arse to start with a weak battery, especially a fuel injected one!! Fancy bumping a 998 in first?
2. The battery is constantly under drain due to the alarm system.
3. That poxy CPU saver function always cuts in before I’ve had time to put on my gloves and with my hands I can’t get to the key with gloves on.
4. I broke my plastic battery tray trying to remove the brass bolt. No it wasn’t corroded….it was locktight’d in by the factory or workshop!!!!!!!!!
5. I want a pretty cover to hide the + & - terminals and wires.
6. I want to save weight…………..rubbish at 18 ½ stone I can think of a another place to shed a few pounds.

Anyone else interested in this conversion let me know…..Anyone else done something similar?

Paul