View Single Post
Old 23-May-2005, 13:44
Ducati Corse

Mood: R U thinking what I'm thinking?......Oh dear!
As one of the RO's OOp North I hope there is life North of Watford gap.

The demands on time and money limit how much of each you spend on what is a pretty selfish hobby.

We try to organise allsorts of stuff up here, rideouts both local and to other regions meet ups, rides to race meets, nights out, trackdays and so on. Between zero and a dozen or so turn out. I would love to do more but I'm pretty much in the position of most up here, family in tow, luckily reasonably into bikes, and loads of other stuff that takes up time.

Some other regions do seem to get out more as they say.

Personally I have ridden all over the country to do track days, up to Croft as far South as Goodwood and across to Oulton. Been to the BMF once but would love to go again some time. Been on the legendary DSC trip to Misano in 2001 amongst others. I want to do more, a trip to the IOM on the Duke and take it down the the South of France but time/Money does limit what you can do in any one year.

With me RO hat on,
This club does get you out more as they say and just as importantly you can pretty much rely on someone helping you out in all sorts of situations. That's what makes it worth paying the money every year, you put something and you get something back......with interest.

Ray