Old 18-Aug-2005, 12:39
DSC Club Member
BSB Star

Mood: MT Meglomaniac
Quote:
Originally posted by yellowisfriedegg
Quote:
Originally posted by Flanks
I fear not sir, I just think your comment could have been phrased better, if not a bit strong, i.e have a bit of consideration to the owner maybe!

why ? he chose to have no consideration for aesthetics when he bolted that abomination onto his bike

it looks like it has fallen out of an ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down

And the owner is?

Another DSC member who has worked just as hard as you have to own his ideal bike. So, his ideal is not your ideal - but each to their own, you don't really need to be insulting about other peoples preferences do you?

To play devils advocate, there are plenty of 748/916/996/998 owners on this board who would (and regularly do) apply your comments about "aesthetics and the ugly stick" to your 749R - are they right to do that? Would you be offended if they took a personal approach to letting you know that you had no consideration for auesthetics?

Quote:
Originally posted by yellowisfriedegg
The true definition of a gentleman is someone who knows how to play the accordian but chooses not to !

Perhaps the definition of a true gentleman is someone who has a strong opinion of their own but who chooses not to publicly berate somebody with differing views or taste?