View Single Post
Old 01-Dec-2005, 11:40
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally posted by twpd
I'm entering Thunderbikes on one of my two 800ss bikes.

One will be in Minitwins spec for MRO, the other will be breathed on and seriously lightened for Thunderbikes. I was thinking of getting a 1000ss but, I'll sit tight for the time being to see how the series pans out before making that leap. The risk is that if the series folds then I'd be left with a bike in a racing dead end whereas, with the 800 I might be a bit short on power but, I'll still be eligible for Minitwins. And... the 800 would make a good development base for a 1000 in 2007 anyway.

So you've made the decision then, nice one.

I got the info pack last night, and the schedule is posted on visordown by Sarah Jordan.

There's two big holidays in there for Thunderbike riders.

Snetterton - 25th and 26th of March
Lydden Hill - 8th and 9th of April
Brands Hatch Indy - 13th and 14th of May
Croix en Tournois - 27th and 28th of May
2 Month Gap
Brands Hatch Indy - 29th and 30th July
2.5 Month Gap
Brands Hatch Indy - 14th and 15th of October
Snetterton - 28th and 29th of October

No Cadwell, no Brands GP, two HUGE gaps in the racing, 3 times at the Indy and two of those back to back and racing at the end of October? Hrmmmm I know Thunderbikes is the newbie class on the scene but IMO that is a very poor calendar. Very unimpressive.

I have to say that New Era have the variety and pic of the circuits for 06. There must be some serious issues with Bemsee/MRO to have dropped this far down the pecking order I would guess. Am I wrong?

If Thunderbikes did get an extra date you'd be praying for Cadwell!!