View Single Post
Old 12-Oct-2005, 19:49
Big Twin

Mood: is it the weekend yet??
Quote:
Originally posted by galaxy
If you leave the wheel and fork assembly all together, you should be able to just loosen everything up and let it slide through together. Then both tubes would stay even, hu?? As far as torqueing everything back down, do you guys use a specific value or just a "feel" thing?? I would think you want them tight but guess you don't over do it.

Wonder how much difference I would feel going from 3 lines already to 4??

its easy enough to move one leg at a time, i think its ending up sounding a bit complicated worrying about whether it moves up or down reality is it'll slide easily. If you put it on an Abba stand take weight off front with a hoist to garage roof and move handlebar down then reclamp it before loosening anything it'll be fine.

the torque settings i use are here the handlebar is wrong, its a single bolt not double so no 1:2:1 tightening sequence needed. don't overtighten anything, the fork tubes can ovalize and the bar clamp can break, use a torque wrench which is in 1nm increments

whether you can feel 5mm is down to the rider, your sag could be 5mm too soft and you'd then have the same headangle anyway, oops sorry confusing things again.