Thread: If only....
View Single Post
Old 08-Sep-2003, 10:30
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

If only....

Being the Chris Walker fan that I am, I couldn't help but wonder how things might have turned out for CW - in the light of Hodgy's excellent WSB crown.

Hodgy won the Final deciding BSB round at Donington park ONLY when Chris rode the wheels off his Suzuki so hard that the engine expired almost in view of the finishing line, when he looked certain to have the championship tied up.

Chris's terrible torrid time in GP's resulted in him appearing falling off the 500 more often than he appeared to be on it, due to a multitude of reasons - lack of funds and co-operation being the most apparent.

Then, when he finally lands a great WSB ride he not only has to cope with the paralysis that he only just appears to have recovered from but, he badly injures himself during a motocross race.

I'd like to think that CW could of been holding up the WSB trophy yesterday. Still time is still on his side as he is relatively young but, what of WSB next year? Hodgy - possibly off to MotoGP - control tyres from Pirelli and young Toseland looking for an even better placing.

It's going to be 'interesting'.

Regards - Frank