View Single Post
Old 11-Apr-2006, 21:20
Mille

@urban996: The linkage sticked like that at the wide open position? How did you fixed it, lubrication?

Just one thing: After stopping the bike the linkage returned to it's normal position? Before fixing it it looked like it was jammed?

I tell you why, mine seems to operate completely normal, both springs and linkage rod are in perfect condition and nothing seems to squeek or be at lista bit jammed...

@andyb: I stood for a while and really thought about the whole thing. Cable was really loose (details bellow). I accelerated into 2nd till max and while turning the throtlle at max i felt something like a click or i don't know in my right hand. then the throtle became blocked and stayed like that while the bike flipped on the right side, slipped for 50 meters, ran for a few seconds till it stopped. somebody helpped me put the bike up and on the sidestand and then i started it just as a test... and everything was back to normal...

Please give me any idea, i know i replaced the cable, but i'm still afraid as Iconic 944 said that it can be something else...

By the way, is there any difference between a 1995 916 and a 2000 748 both bipostos throttle / injector body assembly?(including all rods, injectors, TPS etc)

[Edited on 11-4-2006 by CipiVTS]