View Single Post
Old 24-Apr-2006, 10:09
Big Twin

Mood: R1's are better than Ducatis'
Have to say, this was as i hoped, truely a spot on day.

The organisation from Alan and Phil leaves nothing to chance and the lads really do go out of their way to make sure you're OK and the day runs smoothly. Alan can be found more than a few times a day wandering round the pits offering advice, help and just generally seeing if ALL the riders are OK and happy.

Day was wet until 11.30 but that was OK as i enjoyed the lie in and relaxing for the moring, just fitting wets onto mates Mille as he's racing there soon so needed the practice.

Once i got out there i was happy right away with the bike, it's totally spot-on. Me on the other hand, well i just can't cut it any more LOL. I just don't have the corner entry speed and my turn in points are terribly weak. As has been my Achilles heel all my riding life to bo honest, i turn in way too early for pretty much every bend. But i wasn''t embarrasingly slow so i can live with it

Bike was pulling like a dream, handling like a dream (thanks to Louigimoto), braking was spot on.... It was fractionally down on speed on the Mille, which is surprising to me to be honest, i think a rider getting better drive would have been with him all the way. my last 916 never had this much grunt so i'm confused... but happy.

Oh well, Oulton tomorrow