View Single Post
Old 10-Aug-2006, 14:37
500SD

Mood: On top of the world
Quote:
Originally Posted by twpd
I am not saying the M620 won't handle it but, would you really want to subject a lovely new 620 to this sort of treatment? The 620 will be reliable providing it is looked after but, IME no Ducati tolerates abuse well and the chances are (no offence intended) given that you are a complete biking novice, the bike will suffer. A 5 year old £1500 CB5 would be better for you to cut your tetth on, it won't be worth much so you will not lose much through depreciation brought on by the ravages of miles, weather and falling off.

I must say I don't agree - got a used monster 620 as my first bike just over 2 years ago and found it brilliant. Just could never get on with the riding position so traded it for the multi a year later - never looked back. Would recommend either as a first bike with no hesitation, especially now they have the light action clutch.

Yeah, the engine paint does peel - but has nothing to do with winter riding. Mine peeled in spite of not having seen salt, religiously washed and covered in F365. So now I don't bother too much with the washing just make sure its lubed etc and ride it.