View Single Post
Old 05-Jan-2006, 21:46
Ducati in my Blood
Bikes: Diavel, very non-std black & white ;)

Mood: Lucky? For some, maybe!
I\'m with you Nige!

014's were absolutely fantastic on my 998, almost as good as the 010 and better than the 012 ON THE ROAD! Wouldn't touch the Michelin's with a barge pole, they take far too long to get anywhere near working temoperature on anything but a warm summers day and would lose any heat as soon as there was a smidgeon of damp in the air.
If you're after a track tyre then take a look at Rennsports or Pirelli Diablo Super Corsa/Pro's, been using standard Diablo's as the regulation tyre on our DesmoDue racers and they are brilliant in any weather and very hard wearing, I'll be getting some of them on my Strada when I need to replace the Scorpions!
The theory is to be realistic about what sort of riding you'll be doing. Slow? Fast? Track? Road? Combined? Everyones style will determine a suitability for one sort of tyre over another, I've heard people fit the latest race bred hypersports tyre then moan that it gives no grip on their 5 mile winter commute! BIKE magazine did a test last year and proved that a Bridgestone BT020 was THE best all round tyre, even for track days! Having raced on them this season I'd say the same for Diablo's now!
Think about it carefully and choose wisely young grasshopper