View Single Post
Old 03-Nov-2006, 11:50
Mille

Mood: Abbia Divertimento---o0o---Cassaforte Di Soggiomo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff st4s
No, No, NO!

Please don't starts fighting amonst ourselves, it's bad enough the red v's yellow brigade, but the intellectual elite fighting over who's ST is the best.

We ride the best Ducatis , the rest of them just don't know it!

Oh dear - I see the boys from the Communist Party are at it again.

My post re the ST4 was an expression of my own opinion based on what I had ridden in the ST range which included experiences of the 2 and 3 (note I did not mention the ST4sABS as I have not ridden this bike). I did not say that the ST2 was an appalling example of motorcycle engineering!

Neither did I question the veracity of Jool's performance on his ST2.

We should not stifle opinion, nor confuse an alternative viewpoint as a skirmish. The forum is here for us all to elucidate our experience of one product or another, or, our preference for example, of a bike in one colour scheme or another.

Folks writing freely (without abuse to others) about their own favourite Sports Tourer (or any other Ducati) should be encouraged - Henry Fordiets or Joe Starlinists have no place here.

An open and broad debate develops the forum into a worthwhile, informative and valuable platform - let's keep it that way.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Moto748
The US DucatiDesigns solution is expensive - but it does the job. A cheaper alternative - approximately £12 is to upgrade the stock bulbs using the Xenon one's available from Halfords, but, a 20% improvement on rubbish is still rubbish - the problem lies with the headlamp lens and the wiring looms capacity to feed the bulbs.