View Single Post
Old 02-Jun-2006, 10:43
500SD

Mood: PENSO POSITIVO....SEMPRE!!
Interisting post....

Guys, as it looks like that some members here are part of the men in blue..can I ask seriousily the question:

As per UK law, what I can expect if stopped by the Police with loud cans?
My 999 has an aftermarket exhaust - It is loud when full throttle - comparable to a racing Termi - Of course if you rev the bike nicely also the "noise" is decent...
What's the ticket - or supposed to be - for a modified exhaust?

193 pounds looks to me quite a big ticket for "just" a noisy exhaust.. is this normal?

I know that in Italy if a cop apply the law in its full - in my case - I can get a 150 Euro fine and have to do a re-test of the bike with normal std cans at the Italian DVLA office. If really unlucky, it can be in addition to the above, walk back home with no bike as the bike will be taken away and kept under police warrant, be realease after fine payment with reserve/previous booking of the test at the DVLA office.
Of course what I am describing above is the worse situation possible. Usually unless the rider is a Tw** cops are able to judge the situation and apply the law in a decent way, and we get away with just a ticket.

If someone can inform me on the above... at least I know what can I expect in case I am going road riding with a track exhaust and I get stopped.

Thanks