View Single Post
Old 13-Oct-2005, 20:47
Mille

Called M & S and they virtually called me a liar for suggesting the deal at £7100, the sales guy said it was impossible and it must have been a demo bike or promotion from Ducati, when I asked him what he could supply one for and he wanted me to ring eveyone else first then he would try and match it. maybe I will, doubt it.

Been calling round today to get a deal on one of these and i am amazed at how many dealers just didnt call me back. called 8 dealers this morning, only 3 calls back so far. They just dont seem keen to do me a deal. started with my local ones (Hants, Dorset) and then the ducati stores, have had calls back from motorapido, ducati leeds and M&S. the others just havent bothered, some i called didnt even seem like they wanted my number.

My favorite response so far is this...

me .. "hi, i'm looking to buy a 749bp, 2005, new, and want to know your best price please?"

dealer ... "i cant give you the best price over the phone because the sales manager will fire me, but if i can take a deposit from you now to show you are serious i will explain the deal when you pick your bike up"

does anyone ever do this???? madness!

getting a bit frustrated and it seems that the deals dont vary much between dealers. So far, the deal at the start of this thread looks like the best one. ducati coventry and bristol have the same bikes advertised but haven't call back yet.

sorry to go on, but this is a big purchase for me, not a rich man and its the most i can just about stretch to, I really dont want to buy a new bike only to be told i've just been ripped off.