View Single Post
Old 30-Jun-2014, 23:22
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by milesaway
with only 14 finishers out of 30 paid entries do seem to sway things a bit, at least in my mind- a set of tyres is gonna cost a lot less than last weekend did

Does it, the fastest Class A guys I noticed going around in the Wet were Tim Sayers and Mike Burke, Tim crashed in Saturdays race early on when the track LOOKED more dry than wet and was caught out but it didn't slow him down any in Sunday's wetter race and Mike was fast in all conditions, others may have fallen off going slower than them but surely that's not the fault of the tyres.

Same goes for Class B with Jim Brian taking two wins in less than ideal conditions and a third in the dry race, again the only person lapping faster than him on Saturday was Mark Hamilton who like Tim crashed in Race 1 yet got a podium in the wetter Sunday race. Again riders were falling or having moments at slower speeds so again how can it be the fault of the tyres.

No matter what your riding on you push them to the maximum the conditions allow, over step the mark and your often off or given a wake up call.

I enjoy riding on wets and have several sets along with the spare wheels, discs, tools and ability to change them quickly but I still think its a bad idea for DD

Wets - Things to Consider

Are there less crashes or the same amount at higher speed,
There were 50 crashes in Saturdays endurance race across all the classes and they can all use wets and warmers.

Race two was red flagged 3 times and had to be run at a later time with riders seriously injured in a class with both wets and traction control is allowed

The price of spare wheels, discs and the wets
The tools and ability to change tyres at short notice

Which make wets and therefore which Brand of dry tyre
and what effect will this have on price

Possibility of other bikes/classes on the same grid as DD
And therefore the possibility of the loss of money from Ducati Insurance for the TV coverage.

By the way Trudi has informed me she is stepping down as riders rep at the end of this season and I'm still waiting to hear who has put themseleves forward as the technical manager of the series.

So come on folks step up and get involved in sorting out all the issues

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook