View Single Post
Old 12-Nov-2005, 09:26
Mille

Mood: Just the one bike for me now
Well the weather fianlly came good the other day to get the RSVR out for a test ride.

First thing I noticed was that the engine breaking did'nt seem as fierce in frist and second as the 748 nor round the tight town centre bends and it also felt more comfortable going into and round slow speed islands.

Big,it is. You do feel like your on a big boys bike (I'm 5'9") and I felt the things was larger than me if you understand what I mean (who's in control here ? sensation). Had a few stops and did some tyre kicking. You know what, from some angels it's a big version of the RS250 !

Power delivery was smooth always more at hand, felt very powerful compared to the 748. On some quick twisty bends it still felt quite flickable and really all in all couldnt fault the thing. Breaks seemed up to everything I gave it and had no sense of poor stability. I liked it a lot.

However, it didnt have the head turning appeal as I wished for and it does seem like a big bike. I parked next to a GSXR1000 when taking it back and it was comparable in size, strange, felt so much bugger when on it.

After two days of thought my Mrs. summed it up; "when you test rode the Ducati you placed a deposit there and then, if you like this one so much you would have done the same" nuff said.

Trying to find a new 999 to test ride, maybe that's what I'm really after...

Thanks for all the feedback !!!

Delooney