View Single Post
Old 22-Nov-2005, 15:38
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Tp if I used a ie model I could change the maps, FIM do the software, after looking at the power graphs on the Moto-one website there is not huge amounts to be gained by spending twice as much on a later ie model., Although the current Minitwin regs allow me to fit bits from the newer model so I could fit fuel injection if I wanted, not sure on what gearbox a 750SSie has but I will soon find out when my free one turns up and if its a 6 speed I can use that.
To start with I want the bike to feel and handle just like my 600SS DD bike, but with 12-13bhp more and a heap load of torque more, which as you say is a bit more than a sorted 620. Add to that Minitwins can use sticky tyres, warmers and wets when necessary, (I prefer to avoid slicks as they can't be reused for the road, which is a bit of a handicap if I run the 996 in SoT)
I put a costing together earlier and I am on course for £1500 for a bike with Ohlins fork spings, steering damper, Hi levels pipes, rearsets and a 900SSie shock for now.