Thread: New Member
View Single Post
Old 10-Jun-2004, 23:47

Mood: ..runnin on fumes....
Wow

..shoulda brought me slippers - that's quite a welcome

..hi one and all and thanx for the replies - and thanx for the invites and offers too ! I havent done a track day but will be up for some of that once I get things sorted (and find the funds after the hols etc )

..as to the monoshocks, cheers guys - I'm going to have a stab at stripping this one down to see if I can get a part number from the seal and work out what oil I might refill it with if I can find one (any suggestions ?) - I've not tried a monoshock rebuild before, but am game for a bash.. especially if it's gonna end up in the bin anyway, but I'll keep you posted and if it all goes west then I'll be in touch about the offers (Dave G, paulmort).

I've swapped the tank breather to point the other way and it didnt make it any worse and I'm pretty sure that it made a small improvement on higher revs, and while I was about it I took the (very dirty indeed!) air filter out and refitted the box and stacks.. just to see what gives - the race cans I've got are able to be fitted with no mods but I guessed that they would also perform better with more air in so decided to give it a go... instant improvement everywhere.. throttle response, revving out in 2nd, 3rd, 4th, over 8 in 5th, and pulling harder in top... I know I shouldnt run without a filter but I just cant remember why, and I dont suppose it will do too much harm in the very short term until I get the dyna/k&n etc sorted (but would love to know if that's just complete crap lol)...

..anyway - thanx again for the welcome.. I'll be checking out some of the scottish contingent with a view to being at the next meet if I can

Cheers

Dano

..oops.. sorry Dave G - I'm in Aberdeenshire, north of Montrose

[Edited on 10-6-2004 by DanShapotsky]