View Single Post
Old 14-Apr-2005, 20:47
Big Twin

Sorry to hear about your bike, I have been in the same situation a number of times. Quite recently I had 2 cars stolen in 2 years and both times the police did not even come to see me, I had to go to the police station to make a statement both times which was a pain as the first time I was 100 miles from home and the second I was 30 miles away. On the first occasion my mobile was in the glove box and the thieves used it to make quite a few calls to the same 10 or so numbers which were all local to where the car was stolen. Were the police interested? Were they chuff! I did give the numbers to a few mates and we spent a few weeks ringing them at 3 and 4am and making a nuisance of ourselves pointless I know but made me feel better.

A year or so back I had an attempted break in at 3am and had 2 blokes cornered at the end of my patio (which is about 10 feet above ground level) they chose to jump over the railings to the ground below, unluckily just missing the edge of some steps and landing safely on the grass. I called the police and they phoned me back twice in 30 minutes asking for directions! The police station is half a mile away!! The following sunday I went for a ride on the 996 and sure enough on the way to devils bridge 4 or 5 of our finest officers stopping every bike for the usual checks I ended up with a fine for my termis!

I am not anti police but am disgusted at the way the force is run these days. The people who now seem to get the most attention and grief from the police are the very people who suffer the most crime against them. Whats going on?

Rant over. I hope you get somewhere with your bike and the thieving scum die horribly.