Thread: DSC TA4 Cadwell
View Single Post
Old 26-Jul-2005, 16:03
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: Fabulous
Got back an hour ago having had a lovely dry ride home following Loz, until he peeled off for the A4. Very different from the ride up there on Sunday afternoon with Beancounter. I was literally wringing my hands to squeeze out the water and my feet were in puddles inside my boots.

It wasn't looking too promising on the morning of the big day, either. Lots of gung ho types went out anyway but I sat in the canteen praying for it to stop raining. After a couple of sessions, it started to dry up so I decided to risk it and by the afternoon it was fantastic. Not hot and sunny but certainly dry and reasonably bright. Great to be in amongst all those Ducatis and brilliant to see everyone enjoying themselves. Thanks to Monty for the day and to Lizzie for all her hard work. Thanks too to Chris, Yeti, WJB and Geoff Spence the volunteer instructors. Unfortunately, the last session was cancelled so I didn't get the promised tuition from Yeti. Next time maybe?

Dibble did a very kind thing letting Rally borrow his bike ... and get back on after a minor excursion into the grass. Dibble's bike probably insists on going 'off road' every trackday and just decided to do it with Rally on board for a change.

I think that's my last trackday for this year so the Mucky Duchess will be back into road trim in time the the Narfuk raid next Sunday. Thanks to all the DSC peeps for making it such a memorable day. Shame the sun didn't shine enough to encourage Chillo to sun bathe but nice to see your wheelies, mate, they're awesome.