View Single Post
Old 17-Feb-2006, 18:08
Ducati Meccanica

Mood: I'm so happyyyyyyyyyyyy
Interesting comments:

"1. Oh, by the way, I forgot to mention...I won't be doing anything that can't be undone, I will be keeping all the original bits wrapped in cotton wool so that it can be returned to it's original state if needed

2. 5 spoke Marchesinis from a 998 (if they fit, or can be made to fit).

3. since I have a spare set of 4 pad calipers sitting around. I was seriously thinking of painting them black as camoflague. "

1. Hmm. I started out that way, now I have so much time, bits and energy invested in the bike, I have absolutely no interest or intention of returing it to original. If I get bored of the 888, it'll be broken for spares.

2. Done. Well sort of, 5 spoke Mag Marchi's from an ST4S . Initially with a 17mm rear axle through the 25mm (hole in the) bearings, but now the swingarm has been modded to take a 25mm hollow axle.

3. As the orignal Brembo goldlines don't look miles different, I think this would be a great mod and, adapter plates aside, would need a double take to really work out the difference.

I guess i'm in the same camp as Neil. Mod it, ride it, but most of all, enjoy it. Who cares what they think

[Edited on 17-2-2006 by Rob B]