View Single Post
Old 21-May-2005, 11:41
BSB Star

Mood: Soon my pet, soon
Tim one off's maybe... but trying to commit to a whole series, not only with the outlay of a bike, it may well be worth purchasing a van, let alone fuel, tax, MOT and all the other stuff involved.

Why are there no N/W DSC members taking part or further North?

I could possibly do Donny or Cadwell but it's not really financially viable to spend any money on a bike to compete for just 2 potential rounds.

Look at it from a t/day point of view I haven't done any t/days further south than Silverstone because the journey time would mean an additional day off work, and as I am self employed it suddenly becomes quite expensive to do, t/day, van hire, day out of the office unpaid, another day off due to travelling, I'm into 4 figures loss then. Now couple that with DD, and having a bike thrown in, plus a van to buy and run, and trying to do several track days at these tracks that I have never seen, a cheap race series suddenly becomes well into 5 figures, probably £15K minimum with loss of earnings thrown in.

As for being less of a member as someone has stated above, why? because everything is geared for down south? the AGM is down south too, why? I have asked recently to be more involved in the N/W DSC and am currently finding my feet there and have some suggestions for things for the NW DSC to progress to be bigger and better, so I'm takign quite an active part even if it is where the cobbled streets are :P