View Single Post
Old 17-Sep-2009, 14:51
Mille

Look after said engine, parts are out there you've just gotta look. I don't need to tell you that racing isn't cheap, buy another engine or look after the one you've got! These little engines are prehistoric, which can be a good or a bad thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
Possibly a few things need changing

Entrants were saying they were unable to buy new Standard pistons. i'm not sure if this applies to all 583s or just the older pre 99 ones, ie bikes between 11 and 15 years old (they have got 5 years older over the years DD has been running)
Sam west and Dallas seem to get along fine with the newer 1999 to 2001 engines and spares may be more readily available for these 8 to 10 year old engines

So is the lack of availability of new piston for Class B bikes an issue that needs to be researched and alternatives looked at, If so this takes time

Igniter Box's such as AL-9000s ban there use or allow them and come up with wording that stops people using igniters that have programable advance curves.
Is the current rule a gray area of are people just bending the existing rule to suit them.

Rider eligability for Class B, I have heard several comments this year refering to how long some Class B riders have been campaigning in that Class and how they should move on.
Again is this a issue with the majority or a minority