View Single Post
Old 20-Feb-2009, 10:19
MotoGP God

Mood: Its ONLY a Bike Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeJohnyB
FS1E of course or the first Gixer 1000. One I loved was the Honda 400 Four with the four into one pipes, awesome at the time

WeeJohnyB

Fizzys were great and everybody had one, the AP50s were probably a tad quicker aided by the 5-speed box. For a moped I would have went for a Garelli Tiger Cross or a Fantic Caballero.

As for the 400/4, it did impress me as much as the CBX1000, I went to the Launch of Hartwells Honda in Botley, Oxford and it took pride of place in the showroom window, as soon as I laid eyes on it I decided I would have one one day, a couple of years later and I had 3 of them, One with all the bling, Yoshi pipe, Dresda Nickle plated arm, Marzocchi shocks, Yamaha XS250 fork lowers with Yamaha mag wheels, twin discs and calipers that worked, S&B air-filters LEDAR air correctors, Pirahna Ignition, Hadleigh Custom fibre glass Mudguards and Engine covers.
Its one bike I wish i had never sold.

When the 916 came out I was more into my specials and still a big fan of the IL4 knowing little about twins other than the 2-stroke RDs, YR5s, GT750s and H1Fs that I had previously owned.

Checkout the Desmo Due Paddock on Facebook