View Single Post
Old 09-May-2006, 23:53
Mille

Mood: I AM looking forward to racing..
More expert comment respectfully required please!

I have a set of Ohlins SP4 forks and yokes in my T8.
This week is the first time i've had a chance to get the bike out and go a bit mad. And the forks have a problem.
Basically, it's like 'mega stiction.' If you hold the front brake on and pump the front end up and down quite vigourously with the bike stationary they go up and down ok. But if you try and move them up and down gently it's like they're locked solid. You have to push really quite hard to get them to give and move.
When the bike is ridden they give ok at low speed (low speed as in fork movement and not road speed) but have no real high speed movement, and hence just chatter off ripples.
I've backed the compression and rebound right off to no avail. Incidentally, the adjusters seem to have a good effect, from right off to right on is a big difference, as I would expect.
Not sure what may be up. If anyone has ANY info about these forks (type, model number, set up or manual, known faults etc etc.) I would be eternally grateful, as I know not much about these. Also, how do I adjust the preload? I undid the blue anodised nuts at the top but can't seem to work out what it's all about.
Cheers chaps.