View Single Post
Old 09-Mar-2011, 16:40
Mille

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootsam
From memory i think shes got the senna chip. I'll have a look and get the proper code number later.

You've read it wrong fella... The EPROM chip isn't the important part I was getting at, but the actual ECU (the unit into which the EPROM chip goes)

If you've got the same basic architecture with the ECU on your 916BP, as 'might' be found on a 996, then (I'm now guessing, without going back to my reference books) you 'might' at least have an ECU and wiring loom that shoudn't need any significant changes (another cost saving).

'Most' 955 conversions that I know of were based on the 916SP model (so they had the advantage for the crank and Pankl rods to start with, along with the different injector arrangement). The key here is that the ECU would be a 'P8' and a suitable chip, mapped for '955' could be had 'off the shelf' from people like JHP.

Q. Have you spoken to any dealer about what you'd like to do with the 916 engine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootsam
You make a good point about chopping the engine. But a small bore increase on the cases wouldn't prevent the originals going back on would they?

I can't comment on that, but once it's been modified it's been modified... Original will always carry more 'cache' if you want to be able to maintain the value of the original (my previous comment about being able to put everything back).

Thing is, it's your bike and you can do whatever you want to do with it...