View Single Post
Old 23-Apr-2009, 18:54
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally Posted by duc daz
your opinion taken on board,,,BUT i feel my opinion stands stronger than yours foxy,s TP,s As in overall percentage of litre super-bikes,shapes ,sizes ,braking,acceleration,0 to 60 speed,top end speed,how they corner,from one year to another the change would be as i quoted subtle...If you said to me that a formula 1 car and a VW golf were different then i would agree with you ,because that's the sort of difference your trying to put across to me ....

Unsurprisingly, and I think I can safely speak for the three of us on this one, we disagree.

You keep quoting bike stats, but you don't feel stats on the road. Engines have different characteristics in how they make power, regardless of the overall number, and that IS able to be distinguished by the rider. Some engines are peaky, some have strong midrange ... they may all have the same top end number but will feel different on the road. They may mean using gears differently etc etc. On the track it may mean you use different lines to get the best out of that bike compared to another litre bike.

I coached on an R1 (and R6) for the California Superbike School over 3 years and it felt TOTALLY different to my ZX-10R.

One comment in your last post stands out to me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by duc daz
because that's the sort of difference your trying to put across to me

I think you may have assumed something here.

In any case, I can most certainly tell the difference but I can accept that there are people out there who can't.

Last edited by TP : 23-Apr-2009 at 19:04.