View Single Post
Old 20-Apr-2005, 09:08
Mille

Quote:
Originally posted by sbwells
I've got an FG rear stand and a front stand that locates under the fork bottoms.

Uncledunnie - how does the front stand locate without a hollow stearing head. My dealer told me that you can't geta frond stand for the 749/999 like yours (solid bottom yoke)

The horizontal arm in the photo that goes under the headstock has a bush at the end set at an angle to match the rake of the forks. Into that fits a short spigot, welded to the top of this spigot is a plate shaped to match the profile of the bottom yoke. There are small lips at the front and back of this plate which turn up thereby cradling the bottom yoke very safely. The 999 doesn't have a hollow headstock but there is a depression in the lower yoke and the cradle has a small projection which nestles in this recess adding to the security.

Just slide in the stand under the front fairing, locate the plate under the yoke and then push down on the cantelever mechanism at the front of the stand and you get a vertical lift.

The main horizontal tube is also adjustable in length so you can decide where you want the vertical support members to be - depending on the job in hand - ie miss the wheel spindle etc.

Also fits 620 monsters