View Single Post
Old 07-Dec-2014, 12:09
WSB Hero
Bikes: 1993 - 944SS & Aprilia Falco

04/12/2014

Pete's send off today was very appropriate and poignant and I have a feeling that’s just the way Pete might of wanted it.

A single Ducati rider, Darren headed the funeral procession with some 30+ pedal cyclists
following along as outriders....

The small ceremony building was filled to capacity with well-wishers and I was quite surprised when myself and Tony V. (in Ducati clothing), were ushered to the very front of the hall with all the cyclists present.

A short non-denominational service was held with a touching verse being read out that I was unable to remember but contained many references to ‘taking the last mile together’.

Everyone that I could see made donations to the Air Ambulance Service as requested upon leaving as we bade Pete farewell, on his infinite ride amongst the stars.

Two pieces of music were played during the service, so maybe raise a glass as you listen:

Pink Floyd - Wish You Were

Dire Straits - On Every Street...

Afterwards, appropriately, at a nearby football club family and friends gathered to share some memories of Pete. I never realised that as well as his known talents for cycling and motorbiking that he was a black belt in Karate and an accomplished climber and scuba-diver.

A fitting final tribute was given freely of a sunflower design keepsake with a centrepiece Pete grinning widely and the simple legend:

Sunrise: 15-9-1952 / Sunset: 25-11-2014

Last edited by Iconic944ss : 07-Dec-2014 at 12:35.