View Single Post
Old 25-Oct-2005, 20:31
Mille

Quote:
Originally posted by Monty
Simon all I can say is WOW-that is a credit to you mate-you're not seriously going to ride it are you-looks like a show bike to me.

As I said, there's been a lot of time spent on this and I'm usually not precious about things but when I saw this (nearly) finished, it would be really silly to let any road grime and salt get near it. I will ride it but I think that it will be sunny days only bike now which will be a shame. I guess it will see the track on the Monster Mallory track day but I think that will be the nearest it will get to being ridden to anywhere near it's potential.

Show bikes? What is that about then - do they never get ridden and just get polished while waiting for the next show? If I had unlimited funds and a large hallway / lounge in which to keep it as a showpiece then perhaps I would be able to do that but I will be riding the bike although not as often as I would perhaps do if it was still standard. I was toying with the idea of taking it to the Ducati Week next year and entering it for the Monster Challenge though but that's a big 'maybe'. Anybody done that before?

Quote:
Originally posted by MontyYou mentioned in your write up the 'carbon man'-does he do repairs?-if so I need to talk to him.

John

He may do but I don't know of him personally. Give Dave Wood a call and he should be able to sort you out.

Hope this helps

Regards

simon