View Single Post
Old 17-Oct-2004, 22:29
Ducati Meccanica
Bikes: have owned 748/853/916/749/853R/748/848 not sure whats next...

Mood: excited about the changes made to averysmotorcycles.co.uk that are coming up
Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel C
quote: "and it stuggled to pass 130 and that was downhill !!!! "

that doesn't sound right Deej
the gearing may have been changed the mid range on a 748 should be better than an R6

[Edited on 17-10-2004 by Nigel C]

i dont think the gearings been changed, but it does really struggles to hit 120 on a flat bit of road and i was right on it ( atleast i thought i was ),i was flat out(ish) when she struggled to 130 and that was on quite a steep hill that the r6 would hit 150+ goign up the other side

the midrange maybe delivered differently but it doesnt feel no where near as quick as the il4 and it definetly doent feel faster, theres been no front wheel rising slightly, no forces pushing you back into the seat when accelerating
im loving every minute of owning her, the looks you get, people talking to yuo in halfords car parks, the kids doing pretend throttle actions to hear the noise form the cans, the longing stares you get from other bikers instead of the casual nod of head, thats whats great about owning a ducati

i'll keep with it and report back in a week or two's time and see how im finding riding her then, maybe i was trying to rush things today, the weather wasnt graet on the run home yesterday and i just wanted to see what she could do