View Single Post
Old 09-Sep-2009, 09:29
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Originally Posted by couchcommando
currently running an 1198S and today i took it to donington after riding my poorly race bike home to pick it up...

On the road it was obvious the midrange and top end kick of the 1198 was better than the 1098, TC is a bonus but on the road I run it off as it interferes with wheelies !

On track tho I was interested to see if I could get the TC to cut in, I failed despite getting on the gas earlier than I have done in my life and running right up the back of people, I ran TC on level 3 and not once did it kick in so it would take a lot of commitment to use it, I did try it on level 4 and it lit up a couple of times on the 2nd gear left hander goddards.

Another problem with the midrange is out of the loop and goddards in 2nd gear it just wanted to wheelie even when your knee was just being picked up, it was very hard to get full throttle in 2nd and make use of the midrange and short shifting seemed to work best defeating the power advantage over other bikes.

So not sure I've made sense but I'd take the 1198S easily over the 1098 I had, the extra power is addictive

Get an R6 - none of the technical BS to worry about!!!