View Single Post
Old 12-Nov-2006, 01:45
MotoGP God

Mood: 749 racebike MGP
Quote:
Originally Posted by the old man
Well, the 620 has moved and and so am I. There's a 748R with my name on it so it's off to Thunderbikes next year.

DD is a special series; the regulations ensure close and even competition, the atmosphere and cameraderie in the padock is unique, and the c r a p that goes on behind the scenes is trully.... c r a p!

The last two years have given me a host of racing memories and some special racing moments that will always be with me. I've made new friends and really will try to keep in touch.

Thanks to Neil at Sigma; not just for building one quick motorcycle but also for your time and coaching; to CK/AK for your flattering offer (nearly changed my mind there); to Chas for his hospitality; to Dom, Kyle, Ali and others for some really close (but fair) racing; and to many many more for the curries, the beer and the crack.

I think I've learned more in the last two years than in the previoius six so it's time to head out into the jungle and see if it's true.

Well I for one am truly disappointed. I think you brought something truly unique to our championhip and you will be sorely missed.

You gave us all something to aspire to with your smooth riding style and personable approach to the whole thing. The DD paddock is a lesser place for your not being there. You gave us younger blokes something to aim at whilst appreciating what you've achieved in being the target for us to aim at in the first place.

I've enjoyed a curry or seven in your company, not that I've seen you actualy eat one, more like inhaled them, and enjoeyd your company. To me you'll always be one of the good guys who was more than happy to share thoughts and everything else and the DD paddock will be a poorer place for your not being there.

I'm very happy we share mutual friends and I'm sure we'll see each other out and about in the future.

Good luck in Thunderbikes, I've quite an ambition to be there myself.

Good luck Ian, and I wish you all the best for the future. One very drunk TP.