Thread: BOSTROM 998
View Single Post
Old 04-Jun-2005, 10:35
Bevel Head

If you can, get the last owners name and address from the V5 and see if you can get their number to give them a ring. I've often done this to get previous history or ask questions about used bikes I've bought, and most owners are more than happy to talk about them - plus, not owning the bike anymore or having a vested interest, they are normally more honest about any damage or work thats been done on it.

It could well be they had it on finance and lost their job or something, rather than them being some dodgy geezer.

Give em a call and see if they still have the accessories, and if they want to sell them to you - if they are skint they may jump at the chance - also ask if you can buy all the paperwork and history from them they've got.

I'd imagine if it was a repo, the bailiffs would just take the bike as is with the V5 and wouldnt know about the other parts, and I doubt the owner was in much of a mood for being helpful and digging out all the other paperwork for them at the time !

For 8.5K sounds pretty good unless its been really abused, spend even another £1K get a complete service and any odds and sods that need doing and you've still got a cheap bike.