Thread: Cat Bypass?
View Single Post
Old 21-Apr-2005, 08:52
Mille

Quote:
Originally posted by Italian Stallion
Both the pipes and the black wheels look excellent, definitely on my "Wish List".

The pipes look very well made, welding is neat and going by the colour they appear to have a high nickel content. The routing is simplistic and will not ground on right handers. My only concern would be ground clearance when the bike is upright and or loaded with panniers, top box or a pillion. Speed humps and bad roads spring to mind.

They must boost performance and sound lovely, I'd love to see and hear them in the flesh.

Does the ECU need changing or are there any other modifications that are required when fitting the pipes ?

Apparently they out perform Termi’s, is that right ?

Thanks.
I dont think ground clearance should be a problem unless your carrying everthing including the kitchen sink. No other mods required, one set off and one back on, i let Veloce fit mine cause im lazy but if your handy its a job you should be able to do ya self, no new ECU required ( how ever i do already have termis + new ECU , whether that makes a difference ?) .The new headers have fixing points for the gaurd if you want to put one back, i however will be grinding back the two small tacs holding them on. Performance is deffinatly enhanced across the range and yes they do sound great as for performing better than the Termi`s i dont know, if they do i wouldnt think there was much in it.