Thread: D57 Termi's
View Single Post
Old 12-Sep-2003, 03:02
Montjuic

After lots of annoying people, I decided on the 57mm termi system, then discovered that I would probably be waiting months for the kit to arrive.
I called JHP Ductai in Coventry UK, initially for advice on cam timing and dicovered that they actually had some systems in stock! The kit took 3 days from when my credit card was debited to be delivered to my offices. Excellent service indeed.
That was the good bit, but upon close inspection of the system, the welds are crap, there is flash that needs to be ground away on the inside of the pipes, weld dags etc etc. I am going to spend an hour or so cleaning the pipes up before fitting them. Frankly not good enough for a $3K USD system.
Next issue, the system is NOT 57mm, well not as I measure it. Apparently Ducati measures systems based on the largest external diameter of the pipe. In the main the internal diameter of the pipe is 54mm, not the 57mm I expected.
I am going to fit the system tomorrow, hopefully there won't be any issues with fitting.