View Single Post
Old 17-Sep-2009, 17:30
500SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidlids
Come October the 5th the day after the last race of the season start sending in your ideas there is a 4 week window to send ideas /proposals/etc to desmodue@ducatisportingclub.com, these will automatically go to the members of the RC including the Riders reps. These ideas will then be looked at and worthwhile ones followed up on.

Last year I sent in loads of suggestions with my reasons and information to suoport them, many of which were taken up.

One of my views is if you can't Police it the rule can prove to be worthless
Issues on the table for next years rule book should include among them

Tyres
Class B pistons
Class B ignition modules
Rider eligability for each class
Reinstating the rule allowing the use of Carburetors on Class A bikes

If you think a rule is unfair/incorrect please let us know and it can be looked at

2.1.9 Changes to these Rules

It is the intention that the rules should be fixed no later than the 1st of March each year.

All riders are to be given the opportunity to input to the following seasons rules, after the finish of the last race of the year and the 5th of November of that year.

I think ALL suggestions should be made public. I'm not necessarily saying that they should all be debated in public but that they should be published with details of whether they will be taken up and if not why not. I think this will save time for eveybody involved, e.g. the same suggestion sent by several members. There would be one central place, on the forum, where they can be referenced.

Can I put mine in now please:

1) A vote on how amount of rounds for DD. Why? Two main reasons: (a)The whole idea of DD is that it is meant to be 'budget' racing. For instance, within the tyre debate the issue of 'cost' is quoted constantly yet this year there were 9 rounds in the calendar. If the series were to reduce the amount of rounds, say to 6 or 7 rounds there would be a big cost saving which would negate the tyre costs. 6 quality rounds between, say, April at the earliest and September at the latest? operative phrase here: Quality not Quantity :-) (b) There would also be more chance of full grids as, maybe, more people would be inclined to do more rounds.

2) Once New Era have published available dates DD'ers should get a vote about where they go I'm sure this was done a couple of years back.

All signed up DD'ers should be given ample chance to vote. If they don't bother then they have no argument if there is something they don't like.

Anyway that's my tuppence worth....over and out :-)