View Single Post
Old 15-Dec-2004, 10:31
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
Quote:
Originally posted by weeksy
Quote:
Originally posted by Monty
"I give up"-why Steve, it seems to me all Tim is saying is that a trackday rider will get a psycological adavntage from using slicks whereas a racer will actually ride the tyres to their limits anyway.

John

[Edited on 14-12-2004 by Monty]

Feels kinda like each time i post it's either coming over as 'i'm a racer, you must listen to me' or 'racers are better, we are the only ones who have a clear perspective'

But it's really not like that at all.

Weeksy - don't give up - we are all entitled to our opinions!

Without wishing to come over pretentious;

Its often the way you present your opinions that may cause this;

Example -

Quote:
Finally, don't run slicks. Pointless. (more info if you want it.)

This is pretty direct, and offers no reasoning (although you do invite requests for further info). You say its "pointless" - it may be for the racers that performed the test, but not necessarily pointless for the majority of trackdayers who read this board.

I personally have definitley benefited from slicks and explained why. Monty also suggests that Dave Cook has benefited from using slicks.

So rather than inviting comment and discussion, you're potentially alienating yourself from people who may have a differing view.

I welcome your input here, your experience of going from trackday attendee to race competitor is very applicable to what many of us would-be Desmo Duers will be experiencing.

Tim

[Edited on 15-12-2004 by Rattler]