View Single Post
Old 15-Dec-2004, 18:03
WSB Hero

Mood: www.cantbearsed.co.uk
They will have tyres out there, but will probably be more expensive than getting them here.

Give them a call and get a price and if you are going to get them out there pre-book them so they're guaranteed to have them. I don't think they'll take slicks out there normally though.

What I'm likely to do is to buy some new (cheap) SCs here and ship them out with the bike and get them to fit them there probably on the second day.
The first day will be spent getting used to the track and I can use the ones I've got on the ZX already doing this.

I'm not sure that one set will last all four days, and I don't want to get to the last day and be pushing it (as I'll know the track better) and bin it as the tyres are beyond their best.

I reckon you can get SCs here for £160 delivered (or maybe cheaper) and they'll probably charge £10 a wheel to fit, so approx £180 all in, whereas they'll probably be over £200 to supply and fit tyres when you're out there.

Also, I've got some part-used SCs that I can take if you like, these are SC1(front) and SC2(rear). These are 120 and 180 - but I need 190 for the ZX (as the rear wheel is 6inch), but can use the 120 front. So you can have one of the 180s if you like? Or I can bring it as a backup if required?

Tim